49B Athabasca Road
Fort McKay, Alberta
Riverside Continuing Care Centre is located by the beautiful Athabasca River in the community of Fort McKay. Fort McKay is located 49 kilometers north of the city of Fort McMurray.
We are comprised of both Cree and Dene First Nations. Fort McKay has experienced many milestones in its long history. The construction of a Continuing Care facility is only the most recent of its endeavours.
Riverside is a safe and secure environment that provides all of the supportive services, social activities, food services, and personal health care assistance to allow our residents to maintain independence for as long as possible. Riverside provides a wide range of health care services with health care staﬀ on site 24 hours daily.
We invite you to come and see why Riverside is one of the most popular First Nation assisted living residences in Alberta.
Applications for admittance may be forwarded to the Manager of the Continuing Care facility.
Potential residents for this facility will be provided with written regulations pertaining to their stay.
Monthly Fees will be charged and must be paid in advance before admittance to our facility.
Riverside appreciates the social needs of our residents and provides meeting spaces and daily recreational activities.
Our Recreation Department carefully plans entertainment, events, outings and regular programs to appeal to a variety of interests.
Security and Safety
Excellent Security means peace of mind. Riverside takes measures to ensure the safety and protection of our residents.
• Staﬀ Member Monitoring 24 Hours
• Video Secured Access to the Building
• Fob Entry from Exterior Doors
• Monitored Alarm System
• 24 Hour Emergency Response
• Security personnel on-site
• Newest Building Code Fire Alarm System
• Sprinklers and Smoke Detectors Throughout
Continuing Care Manager
Supervising Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse
Our team also includes Licensed Practical Nurses, Health Care Aides,
Physio Therapist, Kitchen staff, Janitorial, Maintenance, Security,
Administrative Clerks and a visiting Doctor.
Riverside provides an environment to allow our residents to maintain their independence while providing access to many supportive services.
Services and Features
• Cree and Dene languages are spoken
• Culturally relevant celebrations promoted
• Full-Service Menu
• 24 Hour Emergency Response System
• Professional Nursing Staff
• Certiﬁed Care Attendants
• Video Secured Access to Building
• Diverse Recreation Programming
• Weekly Housekeeping
• Laundry Services
• Large Common Areas
• Residents Terrace
• Air Conditioned Building
• Handrails in Corridors
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Visitor and Resident Parking
Examples of Programs and Activities
• Movie Nights
• Social Hours
• Guest Speakers
• Cultural Activities with Drummers, Singers, and Dancers
• Elder Story Telling
• Celebration of Cultural Traditions
• Monthly Birthday Party
• Exercise Classes
• Neighbourhood Walks
• Seasonal Fundraisers
• Many Other Activities
Riverside plans short or day outings every month for our residents to attend. The destinations include local sights and attractions of interest for fun times and memorable experiences.
The fully equipped suites are bright with natural light and include a bathroom and bedroom with ample storage space throughout.
• Wide Variety of Spacious and Distinct 1 and 2 Bedroom Floor Plans
• Large Draft Free Windows
• Window Coverings
• Large Closets and Storage Areas
• Sit Down Showers
• Safety Rails & Raised Toilets in Bathrooms
• Easy Turn Door Levers and Taps
• Raised Electrical Outlets
• Luxurious Finishes
• Thermostatically Controlled Heating
• Smoke Detector and Sprinklers
• Insulated Sound Prooﬁng Between Suites
• Emergency Response System in Each Suite