The Community Health Representative (CHR) is responsible for the prevention and promotion of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, working with a wide range of community members from pre-pregnant, infants, young children, adults, elders, and working with families as a whole for best community wellness.
They act as a liaison between community members and resources for better health and wellbeing, client community advocacy, home visits support, community health awareness and environmental health program for water testing within the community.
Services and Programs
- In collaboration with Health Staff
- Breast screening, retinopathy screening
- Oral Health
- Nutrition Classes
- Injury prevention
- Mental health & addictions support
- Maternal Child Health program
- CPNP support
- Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative (diabetes walks and ongoing cooking classes & exercise programs to fit community members)
- Provide Training for community members (CPR/first aid, food handling, etc.)
- Teddy Bear Fair
- Diabetes Walk
- Tuberculosis Awareness
- STBBI Awareness
Hours of operation
Monday to Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Community Health Representative
Phone: (780) 828 2450
Cell: (780) 742 8277
Fax: (780) 828 2405
Health Services Home Page