The Housing Department is responsible for Property Management operations for all houses that are owned by the Fort McKay First Nation. The department works within the current FMFN Community Housing Law and administers leases and collects lease payments in accordance. The department takes into consideration the concerns of the community to build a path for a sustainable landlord and tenant relationship.
• Fort McKay First Nation is proud to provide safe and affordable housing options for its members.
• Fort McKay Portfolio currently consists of 278 housing units. These are made up of a variety of multi-family, semi-detached, and detached housing units.
• The average waitlist time varies with the fluctuation of availability and demand.
• To apply for housing please click the following link below to electronically submit your application https://fmfn.managebuilding.com/Resident/rental-application/apply
• If your application is more than 6 months old, you must reapply.
o The Housing Review Panel convenes monthly to review all applications based on merit and a point system.
o Following the Housing Review Panel meeting, all applicants are notified of outcomes and allocations.
• We encourage all tenants of FMFN to utilize the Buildium Resident Center service. You will require an active email account.
• In the Resident Center you can:
• For household emergency 24hours/7 Days a week, Call 780-828-5555, and then press 1
• To check on the status of your Housing application, call 780-828-5555, and Press 2
• To submit/check on a work order, call 780-828-5555 and Press 2